"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Let them fall...

Tears, tears, tears. My eyes are leaking a lot lately. Some good things, many stressful things, sad things, sometimes regretful things. I have learned to be friendly to my tears and not shut them out when they want to visit. Not that I have any control over them anymore. Maybe this happens as we get older. It's far too much energy to not cry than it is to just let them fall away. Powerful moments of gratitude, sadness, solitude, love and exhilaration take their long, delicate fingers and curl them around my heart, squeezing until the water flows.

I cried while dancing in my class last week. That shook me by surprise. I was in the music, moving this body and stretching my arms up, reaching for things beyond what was in that room. Then, a wave of emotion climbed up my spine, through my lungs and throat then out my eyes, flooding, cleansing and washing out whatever they yearned to define. These were happy, overwhelming, completely immersed-in-what-I-was-doing tears, tears of feeling connected with things that I could not see, only feel, and feel very deeply. Maybe that is why when we cry, our vision gets blocked and blurred. In that moment, we aren't meant to see anything.

Wishing you a wonderful Thursday, tears and all...

xoxo



7 comments:

  1. When did we all start learning to be embarrassed by tears...?
    The first thing a baby does is to cry, from then on it seems we are taught to question and control emotion...
    Your words are so beautiful...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so beautiful and inspiring
    amen to letting them fall
    i am with you

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful.
    when I come over here...I am SO glad you are here. so glad there is me and you, still. so glad you put it out there (because it makes me feel better about putting it out there.) wondering what has really been up for you, lately.
    if you ever need a listener, drop me an email.
    either way, you have my support.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with foxysue. why are we embarrassed by our tears? what's the point of always pretending to be in control? I hope everything is ok with you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i just adore ho we synced up :) xx

    ReplyDelete

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw