"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Saturday, October 16, 2010

“Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”~ Martin Luther



Apples, ahhh, they have always been my favorite fruit, and apple picking was on our list of "must-do's". We went to Carter Mountain Orchard which is located right next to historic Michie Tavern near Jefferson's Monticello.  High upon a mountaintop, the views were an added delight. The kids had a wonderful time climbing the trees to reach the highest apples.They slid down muddy hills from an earlier morning rain, and now have eaten more than their share of an apple a day.
I see baked apples, caramel apples and possibly apple pie on the horizon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw