"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” ~ John Muir



If I need an attitude adjustment, there are two, fast, surefire ways that will do. Music and going outside. Usually, just stepping outdoors can create an amazing feeling of being uplifted, as if being connected to something natural and good.  But when I get to step outdoors in a place such as this, in the woods, the feeling that I will always be okay, even more than okay, prevails.

Recently, I have been trying to share this phenomena with my children.  We have done this at home in Florida, but the impact is different when you are surrounded by nature. They, too, can feel the connection and their entire spirit changes. When they ask me why that is. I tell them that it is simple, really. 

I tell them that we are no different from the trees, squirrels, or any other life form from this planet.  I tell them that we need air, water, and food from the earth and sun to live, breath and acquire energy.  The energy we feel is the energy this planet gives us so freely, continuously and generously. When we go outside, we are reunited, we are linked in, we are truly going home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw