"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"The important thing is to not stop questioning." ~ Albert Einstein

I have explored many beliefs in my life, but the kind of spirituality I was always drawn to seemed indefinable in the mainstream sense. It had always been unplanned, intuitive experiences filled with feelings of wonder, peace, tranquility, and awareness. There was a common thread however, when these feelings would arise, and that thread was the outdoors, nature.  One day several years ago I picked up a book from the $10 table at a local bookstore. It was called Tao Te Ching and that is when I learned of Taoism


Now, I don't walk around telling myself I am a Taoist. But learning about Taoism has undoubtedly helped me reinforce the impact and importance that nature has on my life, as well as the laws of balance (insert shameless plug for hubs here).  There is no good without bad and no joy without pain. This is a good lesson I carry with me and try to remember on a regular basis. So when something is driving me nuts (hmmm, say the kids) in one moment, inevitably in another moment peace is around the corner.


As Kahlil Gibran has written " ...joy and sorrow are inseparable...together they come and when one sits alone with you... remember the other is asleep upon your bed."

1 comment:

  1. oooh, I love that!
    (I have a copy, too, mine is this one, and I love it.) :)

    What a simple idea--when I'm in that moment, I'm so in it that it feels like I'm going to combust, and I don't even think logically that it will pass.
    Maybe I can remember this today, along with Thich Nhat Hahn's mindfulness of "taking care" of it.
    Something new to consider.

    ReplyDelete

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw