"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mom's Day Off

So I discovered that I have yet to find my supermom suit anywhere in this house. It's funny how I still walk around sometimes thinking that I can do all and be all without any repercussions. Yeah, repercussions, they kind of crept up on me this week. You know, the grumpy, irritable, "oh woe is me" martyrly kind of repercussions that arrive every now and then. They usually are met with comments like "Wow, honey, are you all alright?" or "Geez mom, you might need some time alone..." or "Dad!! Take us with you!!!"  By then, I usually get the picture. Time to regroup, relax and stop looking for that supermom suit because it doesn't exist.
So, my hubs and the kids loaded the car and took off to the beach, and left me to myself for a little while. In addition to getting some much needed quiet time, I received some beautiful reminders today.

One, slow down...
Two, breath...





Three, repeat...


1 comment:

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw