"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Solstice Eclipse...

This was taken at about 2:50am. The sky was so clear and beautiful. Orion's belt was right next to the moon, but alas my camera wasn't strong enough to capture all of it.

It was eerily peaceful and spiritual to be out in the quiet with the moon--so vibrant and so close.  It looked like a tiny ball of clay suspended by magic. I was grateful to have this moment to myself.  With all my senses alive, yet at peace, I said a little prayer, happy to have witnessed such a rare welcoming for winter.

1 comment:

  1. oh, what a stunning photo!
    how lucky to have witnessed such magic and beauty!

    ReplyDelete

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw