"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sway


I needed this long weekend badly. I've slowed from a rampant rabbity run to a turtle's rhythmic and grounding sway. If I pause long enough, I can hear my heart skip a beat on the truly remarkable things. The hairs on my arm will stand on end, reaching for the vibrations that escape the naked eye. The smell of acrylic on canvas, the sound of a paint brush as it fills the grooves. Painting together, my children and I shared wordlessly in these wonders. They did not see me beaming in my quiet joy.

It was the girl's birthday party this weekend. Friends and neighbors joined in and my happiness for her swirled endlessly like the white curls on her beautiful birthday cake. Yes, it has been a very good weekend.



I've been looking upon myself with gentler eyes lately. Fear has been unusually quiet and I wonder what I've done to deserve this reprieve. Perhaps it's not a question of deserving, but more a condition of ripening as the worthy journey of finding voice and flow continues. Faith does have a way of helping us forget that we were once afraid to fly. And I find myself leaning in further as the long yellow petals of bloom reaches for me still.

Monday love to you, and Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day...

xoxo

Weekending with  Amanda...

ps. thanks for all your lovely words on my last post!!

15 comments:

  1. love your bird painting!!!!

    and happy, happy birthday to your beautiful maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to your sweet daughter! love the owl sculpture in the first photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the more we believe in ourselves, our potential, and the further we step into the unknown the less fear has a hold of us. Reach further and trust yourself and the universe. You too are a bright shining star. Love the birdie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Love the bird painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that wonderful Mama joy in your life MJ, such a good thing! Happy birtday to your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words made me think of a quote I was given recently "Fear knocked on the door. Faith answered. No one was there."

    Loving your wings series!

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, MJ. You write so beautifully…your words seem to hover, and I am conscious of slowing down, savouring, loving every second, of every word, of every thought you share. Lucky, lucky me.

    I love that fear is leaving you be. I adore, just adore, your words on faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happiest of days to your girl...

    gorgeous wee owl and such bee-yoo-tee-ful paintings...*sigh* yes, a little art therapy is balm for the soul.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey my dear MJ, I was thinking of you this morning, of you and your love for birds, and thought you might like to visit Geninne's Art Blog,
    http://blogdelanine.blogspot.com/
    She is a wonderful artist and I think you two have a lot in common.
    I hope you have the most amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you Tracey!!! Her blog and artwork are beautiful!!!
      XOXO

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday party Maya! That is my middle name and my baby girl's as well. Always held so much power for me. Turtle crawls feel so good sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yea, birthday parties are so fun. happiest of celebrations to her.

    It's amazing to note what grounds us, makes us pause, before we're ready to soar. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, the reprieve. i think i'm due for one. ;)

    enjoy it. fly often while you're in the bliss state. i know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first photo reminds me of the Swetsville Zoo, an (ahem) "attraction" in Fort Collins. If you ever head north, the kids would love to walk around in there: http://growingupfortcollins.com/swetsville-zoo-endangered-art-animals/

    ReplyDelete

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw