"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"New things cannot come where there is no room"~ Mario Morgan



My plan was not for this to become a blog about unschooling, though I am understanding that it won't be possible to share our lives without discussing it. Unschooling is the catalyst for all the changes that have happened in my family for the past 8 months and it is to this philosophy of living that I owe the greatest changes in all of us. Never have I been more challenged, more frustrated and more enlightened than when we decided to become whole life unschoolers. We were ready for it, all of us, whether we knew it or not, and now it has become the living, breathing nucleus for how we live our lives. It is to this philosophy of life learning that I, too, at 39, have become an unschooler, learning alongside my children. It is to this philosophy of peaceful parenting in partnership with my children, that I owe this impetus to embrace wandering, wondering and discovering.


And though our journey has already begun, I am thrilled to be able to continue documenting it here. There are so many other unschooling families doing the same, and I know why. I believe that what we have experienced, each in our own way, is so compelling, so dramatic, and so life-changing, it almost feels wrong not to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw