"We are all wanderers on this earth...our hearts are full of wonder, and our souls are deep with dreams." ~ Gypsy proverb

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

And, now...

Okay so it's been longer than "see you soon", longer than I had ever planned. I have missed this familiar, little space. I have missed writing. I have missed your writing and stealing glimpses into the lives you share. The life I've lived these past 4 weeks has had my full and complete attention. There has been enough moving stress that only chocolate and wine could soothe, followed by a wondrous journey to the Tetons as a chaperone with my son's school class. Riddled with silent moments, stunning visions, and embraceable lessons, this trip was the essence of unveiling-- things about nature, about the bustling world beyond what my urban eyes are accustomed to seeing, things about my son, about myself, about the mother I am and the mother I still strive to be. And of course, in time, I will share these thoughts with you, as I so love to do.

And so now, we are in our new home and it is finally beginning to feel like mine (as much as a rental can). There is more space to breathe, more room to roam, and even a 14 x 8 space to call my own, a workshop of sorts :). I will show you when the painting is done...

We have a seasonal creek in our backyard, one that just began to flow.
Ducks, Robins, a flurry of Goldfinches, and Northern Flickers are regular visitors to this backyard, massaging my future aspirations as a gray-haired birdwatcher. If only I was quick enough with my camera...

And now I want to say thank you. Thank you to the thoughtful souls that stopped by to say "hi", to ask so politely how I am doing, to let me know that they are still thinking of me and look forward to the next post. I am so warmed by your caring. Please know how much your words have brightened my days.

Much love to you, truly....

xoxo







15 comments:

  1. So good to see you back, sometimes we need to take some time and get through all that is on our plate for the moment. I look forward to seeing your new space.
    Chey xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like i popped in for a quick check at the right time.
    your new place sounds like its full of possibility and quiet joys. Who could ask for more? Blogging does have a way to get into you, so that you feel a disconnect without it, even when going without is a good positive thing.
    Welcome back.
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! great to see you back, mama.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is extremely stressful, I've done it many times in my youth and never enjoyed it. Love the photos of your new place,space and look forward to the big reveal when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so happy to see you here again. We are just in the midst of selling our home of 18 years (gulp) and purchased land to build....these transitions are fraught with deep soul stretching light. I can't wait to read the beauty that has been strung from your time away. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya! So nice to have you back, and a workspace AND a seasonal stream...?! You! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Happy to hear you are in your new house and it is starting to feel like home. Looking forward to hearing more about the unveiling you experienced in the Tetons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. Must have been ESP ... I've been thinking about you today as I glanced through my copy of The French Art of Tea! Wondering how the move was going/went -- never easy, I know. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back here! Oh, moving...And oh my, the Tetons! I bet it was an incredible experience. I need some more communing with big spaces. You are already a birdwatcher, you would be surprised how many birds you already know. You don't have to be one of those folks with a life list, simply watch for the pleasure of it. Enjoy making your new space - home :). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You too have been missed dear friend! So glad that you come back to this space with much to share and a sense of settling into your new home.

    Hugs to you!
    Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  11. it really sounds like your time was full.

    and wow, a little studio space too?! how fab. although my fave is the creek right there!
    glad it's beginning to feel homey.

    great to have you back here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great that you are settling in. I can't wait to hear and see more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find your writing so true and genuine. I have loved your blog for some time now. Thank you for sharing so much with us! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place : ) Also, didn't know you had buttons! I just found your page with them and added one to my blog, hope thats ok!
    Love, Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Emily!! Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  14. a joy to see you back : )
    much love my friend

    love and light

    ReplyDelete

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw